Re: RE: thanks all

From: Cyril Thankappan <cyril_thank_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 19:16:19 -0800

Hello,

I do hope the ocp 'looks well' on ur resume! and 'goes down well' with interviewers !

I personally think OCP has lost credibility for the following reasons

  1. People are known to get through using the 'jack pot method' (ie close ur eyes and pray and click the option!)
  2. People are known to sms the answers!!!
  3. Finally everyone in the industry seems to know that if not the 1st attempt atleast by the 3rd attempt people 'have to get through'

Stuff like the above have made interviewers all over wary of "OCP candidates" who mouth a lot of jargon without the necessary experience.

This creates a unique problem where a candidate is likely to have a 'false sense of confidence' just because he 'read something somewhere' and this makes it difficult for the interviewer to 'imagine the candidate in his team working on workarounds ;)' and difficult for the candidate to 'learn'

So the interviewer is likely to take the 'safe option' of hiring a guy who has 'genuinely worked 10%' at 10% pay rather than hire a guy who has 'genuinely worked 10%' done OCP (10i!hahaha) and expects to be paid 100% and has airs :(

All the best

Cyril

PS: By the way ....Oracle claims that OCPs get paid more...

     I have not seen such a thing...if 'someone around here' has
     'seen such a thing' well....good...:)

     IMHO OCP is one good money making idea Oracle Education
     developed.......why didnt I think of it earlier :(

Impress your clients! Send mail from me @ mycompany.com . Just Rs.1499/year.
Click http://www.rediffmailpro.com to know more.
Author: Cyril  Thankappan
  INET: cyril_thank_at_rediffmail.com