Re: 280R vs 240V

From: mike mon <mccdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 12:58:29 -0800

Last week I discussed with SUN engineer same topic V240 and E280. He told me V240 use new technology integrate the CPu and cache. He told me both computer performance should NOT much difference. He suggest V240 can use as web server and application server. E280 have better I/O performance and can use as database server. Actually we have old model of E280 with T3 array as ORACLE database server. We statisy the performace.

If we receive other reponse, please also forward to me.

Thanks.

Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo. http://search.yahoo.com
Author: mike mon