RE: Confusion why online redo logs should never be backed up.

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:43:02 -0800

In our (very old) hot backup scripts, log files get backed up.... no time to clean those scripts up.....

We just don't restore them during any recovery operations.

But again, I back them up just prior to the start of any recovery operation when taking a cold backup. I had to do this (recovery) just twice in the last 5 years.. !!