Re: iAS, forms, file upload/download intermedia, mod_pl/sql

From: Torben Holm <Torben.Holm_at_miracleAS.dk>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 03:17:04 -0800

  Hi Rahul,

Year I've seen it now - our mail system sucks!

The reason the number is added is to ensure that the document name is uniqueue and to the best of my knowledge you can not change this - it must be in the mod_plsql module (where the requirements to document table is placed as well).

Here is a snippet of my code that deals with this "odd" number My upload table is named visit_reports
I have a page where people can upload from and the action on that page is to call the upload procedure
this page contains the HTML items P_customerid, p_short_description, p_initials and file (I think it has to be called file) This pages action point to the upload procedure and at submit it is called.

procedure upload(p_customerid number := null, p_short_description in varchar2 := null, p_initials varchar2 := null, file varchar2 := null) is
begin

    update visit_reports set

        short_description = p_short_description,
       customerid = p_customerid,
      empid = p_initials,

    doc_name = substr(file,instr(file,'/')+1),     owner = user

        where name = file;
    commit;
    MaintainVisitReports.show(p_customerid=>p_customerid); end upload;

 >From dev6i you should be able to do a SHOW_DOCUMENT or is it DOCUMENT_SHOW witch wil open a new browser window - I am not sure hiw it works - though.

I think perhaps that you would be better of only using PL/SQL generated forms - it would simplify you "configuration"

Hope this help a bit.

Author: Torben Holm
  INET: Torben.Holm_at_miracleAS.dk