Sync Tools Wanted

From: Chris Berry <compjma_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 13:37:02 -0800

>I am in search of a tool that can sync up files for me across multiple
>servers. Currently we have the same file scattered across different
>servers. What I am trying to do is updating one version of a file and
>use this utility to broadcast the same change to the same file on other
>servers. I am open to tools, utilities, scripts etc that ideally are
>free. It doesn't have to be fancy, we are talking about flat text files
>that gets updated probably once a day. Our platform is Digital Unix 4.0
>going towards HP so I am open to both.

Have you looked at rsync? It's made for just this sort of thing. I know it runs on HP-UX, I don't know about Digital Unix 4.0, but probably runs on that too.

Chris Berry
compjma_at_hotmail.com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"What does it mean when they tell you your budget and it's a negative number?"

Author: Chris Berry
  INET: compjma_at_hotmail.com