Re: HP-UX 11i/9.2.0.3/sqlplus

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 15:11:49 -0800

Do "which sqlplus" and "whence sqlplus" from both shells? How about "ldd sqlplus" from both shells?

Just another check on environment settings, I guess. First one verifies PATH setting; second one verifies SHLIB_PATH / LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting...

Presumably, you are in the same working directory both ways; if not, check for a "login.sql" script in one of them...

...Ummmmm...that's all that I can think of for now...

...except, what precisely do you mean by "never-never land". It hangs? If it hangs, can you go to another session and see if it is consuming CPU?

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: tim_at_sagelogix.com