RE: 8i to 9i upgrade OCP sample questions

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 13:17:55 -0800

Darrell

   Excellently put! I suspect this is why Oracle has to beta test any new tests. The original wording may be clear to the author, but ambiguous to some people. By beta testing the exam, you get the opportunity to flush out any ambiguities. One statement I heard was that a question that everyone misses isn't a good question, and one that nobody misses isn't a good question. But beta testing is expensive even if you can recruit volunteers.

   I think you also make an excellent point, that if you've advanced to the point that you can argue with the author, you are probably ready to pass the test, and the practice materials have worked. I have used the Couchman practice exams and find the real exam a little easier and not as tricky.

   An instructor with a lot of close experience with the exams related a story. A DBA passed a module with only one question wrong and was very angry and complained to the president of Oracle Education that he had been cheated. So they made up a special certificate saying he had passed with 100% and he went away happy. Frankly I'm not sure I'd want that person for a coworker.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Eberhard, Jeff
  INET: Jeff.Eberhard_at_Rolls-RoyceGS.com

Author: Darrell Landrum
  INET: DLANDRUM_at_zalecorp.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon May 19 2003 - 16:17:55 CDT