Re: How to upload excel data into database tables ?

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 03:36:51 -0800

Here is step by step description:

Step 1)        Export spreadsheet to a comma separated file.
Step 2)        Ftp comma separated file to a machine which has SQL*Loader
               installed.
Step 3)        Do a Google search on what to do next. Enter words "Excel oracle CSV loader
               Playboy Centerfold" into the search field.

Step 4)        Email each of the URLs that will be returned by Google as a
               separate topic on this list.

Important warning: Don't you ever go to OTN or Metalink  or actually read SQL*Loader
                   documentation. It's very detrimental to your health.

On 2003.05.19 06:11 FAIZ QURESHI wrote:
> Hello:
> I have a requirement where in I have to populate data from an Excel sheet
> into a database table.
> Can you seuggest me which is the best way to do this and also provide with a
> step by step description of the procedure that is involved in doing this. I
> would also appreciate if you could forward me a demo file which does this
> kind of an operation.
> Regards,
> Faiz

> Author: FAIZ QURESHI