Re: PGA allocation

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 12:06:59 -0800

Ashish, your setting for the PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET is far too big. For an OLTP system it is recommended that this parameter is 20% of the SGA size and of a DSS system, the recommendation is 50%. What is happening in your case is very simple: the maximum memory for PGA an never be reached, so the instance doesn't release it. Take a look at the Metablink Note:223730.1

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA
Author: Mladen Gogala