Re: RENAME COLUMN IN 9I

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:27:20 -0800

Hamid,

That should work. Here is the same scenario on 9.2.0.1...

    SQL> create table x (c1 number, c2 number);

    Table created.

    SQL> alter table x rename column c1 to d1;     Table altered.

Just in case your error was a result of your table TEST1 being partitioned, I also tried the following:

    SQL> create table x (c1 number, c2 number) partition by range (c1)       2 (partition p1 values less than (1));

    Table created.

    SQL> alter table x rename column c1 to d1;

    Table altered.

One thing I will suggest is that, if there is any chance that you've encountered any bugs, then 9.0.1.0.0 is where you'll most likely encounter them. I don't think that an older version of 9i was ever made available outside of Oracle Development.

For Solaris8, you can download v9.2.0.2.0 from "http://otn.oracle.com" and then download the 9203 patch from MetaLink to bring yourself up to date. It's all free and it's really easy. Do yourself a favor and just do it...

Hope this helps...

-Tim

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: tim_at_sagelogix.com