RE: please help with SQL Trace and TKPROF

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 06:36:59 -0800

Your error reminds me of similar errors when trying to match a number and a NULL (instead of to_number(NULL)) in UNIONs or any set operation. I suspect the hash anti-join. Try an external join with a condition on NULL columns, although it should take a very similar path. Also, no UNUSED column? Can screw-up things, sometimes.

BTW not very convinced by your query on the data dictionary. I hope you have forgotten the condition on the different data types which should be different when putting it in the message - but that it was in what you run.

Not sure that a trace will be much help.

SF

Regards,

Stephane Faroult
Oriole