RE: S.A.M.E

From: <Rajesh.Rao_at_jpmchase.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 12:48:12 -0800

Greg,

Have you also striped your logfiles across all devices? Do you see any log related waits in v$system_event? How big is your disk cache?
How big is the log_buffer size?
Whats your stripe width?

Regards
Raj

                    "Loughmiller, Greg"
                    <Greg.Loughmiller_at_cin       To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    gular.com>                  cc:
                    Sent by:                    Subject:     RE: S.A.M.E
                    root_at_fatcity.com

                    05/15/2003 12:27 PM
                    Please respond to
                    ORACLE-L

Just as a side note......

We have been using SAME for 18 months. Works well.. You may lose a small percentage of performance. And I mean "very small".. And the benefit is in line with what is mentioned below. There are several other benefits and TCO items that align with SAME as well...

greg

Author: Arup Nanda
  INET: orarup_at_hotmail.com

  INET: Rajesh.Rao_at_jpmchase.com