Licensing

From: Chris Berry <compjma_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 11:17:14 -0800

>Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 1:47 PM
>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
>
>I have a license for five named users on a machine
>which is running two instances of Oracle. One our
>applications makes a connection to both instances for
>each user. Does this mean that each user counts as two
>users as far as the license is concerned?
>
>Thanks,
>Peter Schauss

I'm pretty sure that the licenses are per instance, so my opinion would be yes, technically you should have ten user licenses, five for each instance. (assuming you don't try to log in as admin while they're working, hehe)

Chris Berry
compjma_at_hotmail.com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"This email is ROT26 encrypted, by reading it you are in violation of the DMCA, and should turn yourself in to the authorities immediately."

Author: Chris Berry
  INET: compjma_at_hotmail.com