Re: Problem with installing the DBI/DBD Module of perl

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 10:51:53 -0800

First off, do a google search for your problem.

Second, find the DBI-Users list at lists.perl.org, join it, and ask your question there. When you do, you will need to provide more information than you have here.

BTW: If you are trying to install DBD::Oracle with ActiveState Perl 5.8 on Windows, give it up and install 5.6.1 instead. Unless you are willing to build your own version of DBD::Oracle with MS VC++, you cannot install DBD::Oracle with ActiveState 5.8

HTH Jared

Munish Bajaj <mbajaj_at_quark.co.in>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 05/14/2003 10:51 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Problem with installing the DBI/DBD Module of perl

Hi all
I'm facing problems in installing the perl modules DBI and DBD. As u all must be aware i need these to interact with my Oracle Database using perl scripts.
I've tried to install the same in windows and solaris using almost all the tools available but to no use.
Can anyone please tell me a simple way of installing the same. I've tried may things and got more confused in the process. I know this might seem to be a very simple process for some, but i haven't fount that to be very simple.
Please Help!!!!!!
Regards
Munish Bajaj

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com