RE: Offline Backup with Project Install

From: Freeman Robert - IL <FREEMANR_at_tusc.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:51:45 -0800

Tracy,

Well there is the technical answer and the practical answer. Technically, as long as you have the archived redo logs, and the time that any change started at, then you should be ok without doing an offline backup. Now for the practical (possibly political in some places) answer... if you are giving people warm fuzzies at low cost, then go ahead and do so. I've found that it costs more time and effort to explain why we don't have to do it, then it does to just do it and be done with it. If they are ok with the required outage, then I'd just do the offline backup to make them happy.

RF

Author: Tracy Rahmlow
  INET: tracy.rahmlow_at_aexp.com

Author: Freeman Robert - IL