RE: quickest method

From: Jankovic, Djordje <Djordje.Jankovic_at_attcanada.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:21:43 -0800

If the source and target are on separate servers sql*loader approach requires spooling data to a file, ftp-ing the file over, running sql*loader. Depending of the size of the data, direct load through database links (insert /*append*/ select ... from xyz_at_link) can be faster than that.

Export/Import can be done through named pipes, even when source and target are on different servers. Anybody tried sql*loader through named pipes: I guess it is doable?

Djordje

Author: Carol Legros
  INET: carol_legros_at_hotmail.com

also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Darrell Landrum INET: dlandrum_at_zalecorp.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L
also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Jankovic, Djordje INET: Djordje.Jankovic_at_attcanada.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L