localhost question

From: Ehresmann, David <David.Ehresmann_at_ps.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 11:36:38 -0800

List,

this weekend where I work we changed the ip addresses and went to a dns configuration to log into our Oracle databases on unix servers. On one box a user can no longer use the "localhost" host name to login with a unix account and make a connection with an Oracle instance. On all the other servers he can still user "localhost". We use a connect string in a file such as:

<property name="Server" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:int7x"/>

he gets an error message like the one below:

dbpool.ConnectionPool.InitializePool_at_210
<mailto:dbpool.ConnectionPool.InitializePool_at_210>, Thread[main,5,main], Mon
May 12 13:14:15 CDT 2003)
java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:168)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:210)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:323)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:260)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:365) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:260) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:543) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:194) at
com.psc.dsg.di.dds.dbpool.ConnectionPool.CreateConnection(ConnectionPool.jav a:159)
at
com.psc.dsg.di.dds.dbpool.ConnectionPool.InitializePool(ConnectionPool.java: 198)
at com.psc.dsg.di.dds.core.DataService.<init>(DataService.java:222) at com.psc.dsg.di.dds.core.DataService.main(DataService.java:471) Does anybody have any suggestions? Does it have to do with "Network Adapter could not establixh the connection". All other type of connections work. thanks,
David Ehresmann
Author: Ehresmann, David
  INET: David.Ehresmann_at_ps.net