Re: couchman doubt

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 15:16:53 -0800

It's the SCN. I don't think the question asked of you was terribly clear.

Jared

<bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 05/09/2003 01:59 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: couchman doubt

Yes I have 9.0.1.1.1 enterprise edition availible on win32 I tested the given query out and the checkpoint_change# column value from v$database matches the result of the query you gave You mean to say that couchman is asking me where to find the checkpoint number ?

Q. You want to find out the current sequence number stored in your control  file for backup purposes. Which two of the following views would you query?

 A*. V$DATABASE  B . V$CONTROLFILE  C . V$PARAMETER  D*. V$CONTROLFILE_RECORD_SECTION  My doubt : what sequence number is he asking for ? I can get the current  log sequence number from v$controlfile_record_section by :  select type , last_recid from v$controlfile_record_section where type =  'LOG HISTORY' ;
 There are other sequence numbers in v$database but why would I need the : CHECKPOINT_CHANGE# OR CONTROLFILE_SEQUENCE# for backup ( thats what the question asks ) . I cannot understand his answer of 'A' and 'D' both.

Author: <bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in
  INET: bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com