Re: Security Clearance RE. RE was career path

From: KENNETH JANUSZ <kjanusz_at_att.net>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 06:21:40 -0800

I served from 1961 thru 1969. Until 1965 I was in the reserves (while in college) enlisted starting out as an E1 and finishing up as an E4 Quartermaster SS when I went on active duty. Went to enlisted sub school my first summer break and then got my twin dolphins.

When I graduated college I went to OCS in Newport, RI in summer of '65. When I graduated as an Ensign (Insect) I went to New London and served on the Angler (AGSS 240) for six months and got a nice Caribbean cruise out of it. Then went to officer sub school and on the Pearl Harbor and served for two years on the Pickerel (SS-524) which was a Guppy III spook boat. Then finished up a year-and-a-half on the Albacore (AGSS-569) at the Portsmouth Shipyard. Never saw much time at sea on the 569 because she was passed her overhaul cycle by a year and they wouldn't let us submerge! The Albacore is now on permanent display just north of Portsmouth, NH. Finished up as a LT.

What is USACFSC?

Ken

Author: KENNETH JANUSZ
  INET: kjanusz_at_att.net