Re: Oracle's "dbv" : how frequently do you use it ?

From: Daniel W. Fink <optimaldba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 10:39:13 -0800

I've used dbv on a daily basis (for some files) and weekly for others. When testing a new storage device, I used it during each test to verify the integrity of the database. I would not hesitate to include it as part of my backups and even use it on the backed up files. It creates a little overhead, but can be a life saver!

--
Daniel W. Fink
http://www.optimaldba.com

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Daniel W. Fink INET: optimaldba_at_yahoo.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).