RE: Database Ethics/Career Path

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 14:41:43 -0800

Walt, we just tricked him good... ;)

In the past, we've had people who refused to work for us because of the uniforms everyone from the President on down wears (navy blue Dockers and bowling shirts w/name and company logo), misplaced and unfounded environmental concerns (if I remember correctly, the largest single printing facility in the Western Hemisphere has less emissions than a typical gas station), or because of the content of some of our customer's product produced here, like that from Playboy Inc. (See http://www.qtiworld.com and http://www.qg.com for more about us and our parent company)

I have absolutely no problem with that. Me? Money's green and beer's good. Then again, once I saw the corrupt practices of a Fortune 50 company I worked for in the past, that was it for me at that job. Not voluntarily, mind you, but the sentiment's the same... :)

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_qtiworld.com           Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com