RE: Database Ethics/Career Path

From: Jesse, Rich <>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 14:41:43 -0800

Walt, we just tricked him good... ;)

In the past, we've had people who refused to work for us because of the uniforms everyone from the President on down wears (navy blue Dockers and bowling shirts w/name and company logo), misplaced and unfounded environmental concerns (if I remember correctly, the largest single printing facility in the Western Hemisphere has less emissions than a typical gas station), or because of the content of some of our customer's product produced here, like that from Playboy Inc. (See and for more about us and our parent company)

I have absolutely no problem with that. Me? Money's green and beer's good. Then again, once I saw the corrupt practices of a Fortune 50 company I worked for in the past, that was it for me at that job. Not voluntarily, mind you, but the sentiment's the same... :)

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator           Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
Author: Jesse, Rich

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051