Re: Security Clearance RE. RE was career path

From: Rodd Holman <>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 11:56:04 -0800

You are correct on the catch-22. A general public type person has a snowball's chance of getting a clearance without at least working for the company or agency that can request the clearance. Just attaining a clearance for better a employability profile isn't going to happen (especally since the 9./11 stuff). I am a LCDR in the Naval Reserve and going through the process of updating my clearance, and even being in the position it's a pain to go through. The regs are pretty specific on who can request and be granted a clearance. If you are in the OK group, there are still the million forms to fill out to get there. Since you had a TS you know all about that though.

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 14:07, Ron Rogers wrote:
> List,
> There are a lot of prime job openings that I am interested but they
> require a Security Clearance. If I have a job that provided the
> security clearance I am all set....But if I do not need one now and do
> not have one now, How do I get one to be able to apply for the job
> opening?
> I have had a T-S Crypto clearance in the past but it has expired and I
> would like to get a clearance reinstated again. What steps are required
> for an individual to get a clearance but not currently have a job that
> requires it?
> It sounds like catch-22 to me . You need the clearance to get the job
> but need the job to get the clearance.
> Ron

Rodd Holman

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
Author: Rodd Holman

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051