Re: Security Clearance RE. RE was career path

From: Rodd Holman <roddholman_at_hotpop.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 11:56:04 -0800

Ron,
You are correct on the catch-22. A general public type person has a snowball's chance of getting a clearance without at least working for the company or agency that can request the clearance. Just attaining a clearance for better a employability profile isn't going to happen (especally since the 9./11 stuff). I am a LCDR in the Naval Reserve and going through the process of updating my clearance, and even being in the position it's a pain to go through. The regs are pretty specific on who can request and be granted a clearance. If you are in the OK group, there are still the million forms to fill out to get there. Since you had a TS you know all about that though.

Rodd

--
Rodd Holman
roddholman_at_hotpop.com