RE: Using bits to store information in the database.

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 06:57:13 -0800

I think using integers rather than bits will be easier on your where clause. It might look nice, but it will probably be a killer for performance when you starting using bit logic in queries.

I'd prefer but YMMV

Verified         1
Non-Verified     2
Conformed        3
non-confirmed    4
Audited          5

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal. QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !

Author: Jamadagni, Rajendra

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051

to: (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).