Re: RE: My career path and Oracle?

From: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 05:41:41 -0800

Ive noticed that not having a technical degree really hurt me in my latest job search. Getting another bachelors would actually take as long as getting 2 masters degrees and almost as long as Ph.D, since Universites are 'difficult' on transfer credit.

Ive also noticed that alot of positions these days really want technical degrees and preferably graduate degrees. Masters only takes 2 years and its interesting since. Havent decided on the Ph.D, will take me a while since I have a non-technical degree, so I have to take a bunch of math to qualify.

Im only 28 and basically while Im still young, I want to make sure Im position so that in the future I can do what ever is needed. I doublt Ill be writing PL/SQL then. I worked with a guy who was a mainframer for 30 years and the demand for him was extremely high through the early 1990s, but has fallen off the earth. He got into Oracle development, but he had to step down to a junior level position. This gravely concerns me.

Ph.D... is a real pain.

Author: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 07 2003 - 08:41:41 CDT