Re: Make export / Import run faster ?

From: Madhavan Amruthur <mad5698_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 09:26:47 -0800

Hi Vivek,
We have used the single task executables during some bench marking operations on Sequent on versions 7.3.4 and 8.0.5 and they do offer a good improvement in terms of performance. But it is not supported by oracle and hence its use is limited to test systems and benchmarks and is not very popular with productions systems. It also introduces chances of corruption when the database is being accessed during the export using these executables.

Hope this helps.
Regards,

Madhavan
http://www.dpapps.com