RE: Oracle 10

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 14:06:43 -0800

I hate having to use more than one tool for the same function. After being a SQL*PLUS, ksh command-line die-hard someone last year introduced me to Quests - SQL*Navigator. I like it.

-Interfaces with versioning tools so can version DDL and stored process easily
-Has its own team coding options for check-in/check-out -Automates the formatting of PL/SQL so code is written in a standard fashion so everyone can read eachother's

-Explain plan option and debugging built in.
-It is about $2,000 but I think worth the cost.
-Can save SQL as scripts - not exactly history but this tool might even have
it I haven't seen it yet.
-Can look at the database from a DBA-perspective pretty simply -Can compare objects to other objects and just see the differences easily

Oracle OCP DBA

Author: Bob Metelsky
  INET: bmetelsky_at_cps92.com

  INET: Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us