Re: More drives or bigger drives

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 19:26:49 -0800

In addition to the advice already received regarding throughput and reliability, consider how many drives your current storage system can deal with.

If a SAN, how many drives will max out the head unit's capacity?

Will you need to purchase additional storage cabinets for the higher number of drives?

Your SA will help you think about stuff like that. :)

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com