Re: which should be faster

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 09:51:38 -0800

Is the predicate order relavent for 8.1.7.3? Im doing quite a bit of tuning and am wondering whether its worth the effort to reorganize the predicate?

So is the rule of thumb on predicates.

 Filters before joins..

If I have col1 = 'ABC', put that before my join?

BTW, logically I would think it would help to put filters into inline views, but Im not seeing any performance improvements. You have any luck with this?

select col1, b.col2
from a,
(select col2
from tabb