RE: THANKS TO ALL YOU WONDERFUL WONDERFUL PEOPLE

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 11:06:55 -0800

Guys,

I felt like I have been reading your work, studying your white papers, worshiping many of you from afar. Then at the IOUG I finally met you. I was so pleasantly surprised by your professionalism, integriy and humility. What a fine group of individuals are attracted to Oracle - really. I learned so much, had some real epiphanies or simply came up with some great ideas putting the various pieces of valuable information together. I am recharged, enthusiastic. I felt like Cinderella who had an opportunity to get out of the dark closet and go to the ball around others who completely understood her.

Kirti, good luck on your next book. Good luck to your son. If in the medical field he is as talented as you are in the technical field then there is hope for medicine in the western world.

Rachel thank you for being the mother-hen of Oracle DBA's. I spook with Jane and she offered to help with an IOUG presentation. I was honored that she wanted to and it should be fun. I already have the concept I want to use. I could definitely benefit from her experience in the presentation world with my baby steps.

April, I will buy a copy of your book. There is some good information I found out on running Oracle books that I only found references to in Oracle's Application

Jared, thanks so much for all the hard work you put into the community and running this list (not to be mistaken by a nervous, excited woman w/o enough coffee as bulletin board).

Stephen - quite teasing me! (just kidding)

Babette, thanks so much for letting us spend time with the contingent from Canada.

Jonathon, thanks for the O.T. helpful advice on consulting and for the lessons on politics in the U.K. I really wanted to go to your class but my ride was leaving and my 7-year old son told me on the phone the night before that he was being picked on at the after-school playground. I am leaving early to take him and my little guy somewhere really really fun today. You are a great teacher and presenter of course.

Wolfgang and Roger - excellent technical presentations delivered in a fun way.

Dan - I am sorry I missed your presentation but I have long loved the Data Warehousing area of our jobs and had to had to go. I heard wonderful things about it. It sounded like a lot of fun and I love the concept of getting other people to help out with the presentation - beautiful.

Redmond - good luck on the book. You promised me one.

Mike Ault, are you here? You were my first book on Oracle in Version 7 that I purchased for myself and I still look at it.

Rui, good luck in Africa and remember to send those pictures. I expect we will be hearing from you in the Oracle world more in the future.

Steve, it was a pleasure to meet you and I am so glad that I introduced you to Leines.

Tim, the scientist of Oracle - thanks so much for your help.

Anjo, funny and wise. I totally understand as does many of us the work, family no sleep tradeoff. Hang in there.

Dan, when there is training money available you will be the first to know. One question: How do you feel about RI inside of the database and can you make a convincing argument.

I am sorry if I missed any of the wonderful people I met and sorry I couldn't be in 5 places at once. Thank you and thank you again.

Ian, I wonder if there is any way all of us can come up with a way for you to go next year. There must be some good options.

Paula

Oracle OCP DBA

I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE ANY DBA OR ORACLE TECHNICAL PROFESSIONAL TO MOVE MOUNTAINS TO GET TO THE IOUG NEXT YEAR IN CANADA. I AM GOING TO TRY TO SAVE MONEY AND DO THIS BUT IF I HAVE TO THEN I AM GOING TO SPEND MY OWN MONEY TO GO - IT WAS SO INCREDIBLY VALUABLE. HEY, AND DON"T FORGET THE MOMS IN YOUR LIFE. -----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 4:29 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

No, instead of the blue screen of death it will sing the blues...:) ----- Original Message -----
To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L" <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 2:25 PM

> So we can now listen to those viruses? ;)
>
> - Kirti

Personal

Author: Arup Nanda
  INET: arupnanda_at_hotmail.com