RE: RMAN:To use or not to use a recovery catalog

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 05:23:21 -0800

Lizz,

you said :

"With this said, I have not had to restore from my RMAN backup yet."

I hope this does *not* mean that you have not tested a full Rman recovery. My experience has been that backing up the database with Rman is a snap. When you try to restore is where the money is! :)

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP ! command for other information (like subscribing).

Do you Yahoo!?
The New <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/search/mailsig/*http://search.yahoo.com> Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 01 2003 - 08:23:21 CDT