RE: o7_dictionary_accessibility

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:11:40 -0800

bulbultyagi

   Your statement says to just change the spfile, not the running database. I don't have my 9i notes here, so I'm just going from memory, but you may want to try a different scope. I would recommend studying how spfile and init.ora work in 9i. You can also command 9i to create an init.ora file for you. If you then delete the spfile, Oracle9i will just use the init.ora. That is what I've done because I haven't needed spfile yet and I am more familiar with init.ora. You may also consider upgrading your Oracle version. I've had problems with 9.0.1.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 60%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: <bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in
  INET: bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 30 2003 - 17:11:40 CDT