RE: import...dead or alive?

From: Stephen Lee <Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:36:51 -0800

If the output says X rows imported and it's just sitting there, then it is probably building indexes and/or enabling constraints. On the tables around here, I can usually figure on the index and constraint part making up about 80% of the total time. You can select the index_name's and constraint_name's to see if they are going up. And you can look for those temporary segments with numbered names that Oracle uses when it is building indexes.

If the import is still bringing in the data, you can select count(*) from the table. Import also has a feedback setting you can use ... but not after you have already started the import.

Author: Stephen Lee
  INET: Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com