RMAN:To use or not to use a recovery catalog

From: laura pena <lizzpenaorclgrp_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:51:52 -0800

All,I need some to use or not to use a recovery catalog via RMAN. Currently our system does not use a recovery catalog and backs up via veritas netbackup using a script ( I supplied it ). I have little RMAN experience and want to know if people are creating recovery catalog on the same system as they are backing up. Any advised would be most welcomed. Thanks in advanced. Lizz

Do you Yahoo!?

This warning is inserted into all messages containing binary attachments which have been removed by ListGuru. If you have questions about this message, contact Postmaster_at_fatcity.com for clarification.

--0-421340446-1051654454=:50550--

Author: laura pena
  INET: lizzpenaorclgrp_at_yahoo.com