RE: Keeping track of patches/ Patchset Installations

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:06:59 -0800

For one of patches, if the file undo_pre<patch_no> is present then the patch has been applied, or, unfortunately, the files were copied from somewhere which had the patch applied. You cannot install a patch when undo_pre<patch_no> is present.

Pathsets themselves are tracked by oui. But how does one tell if all the post-patch installation scripts were run? For instance, there anything to confirm that catalog.sql was run after a patchset was applied?

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.edu

Author: <jkstill_at_cybcon.com
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: MacGregor, Ian A.
  INET: ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU