Keeping track of patches

From: Morrin, Liam <Liam.Morrin_at_pinkroccade.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:06:56 -0800

Good afternoon all,

Is there any way of telling which individual patches have been applied to a database?

For instance I am running 8.1.7.4 (on Solaris 8) and have just applied patch 2832809 following a recent security alert. When I query v$version it still shows as 8.1.7.4.0. How would anybody know that I have applied this patch?

I can find no reference to the patch number in ../oraInventory/Patches.

Many thanks,
Liam

This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange. For more information, connect to http://www.F-Secure.com/

This communication and the information it contains: - (a) Is intended for the person(s) or organisation(s) named above and for no other person(s) or organisation(s). Access to this mail by anyone else is unauthorised. (b) Is confidential, and may be legally privileged or otherwise protected in law. Unauthorised use, circulation, copying or disclosure of any part of this communication may be unlawful. (c) May be susceptible to interference, and should not be assumed that it has come in its original form and/or from the stated sender or PinkRoccade UK accepts no responsibility for information, errors or omissions in this e-mail or use or misuse thereof or any act done or omitted to be done in connection with this communication. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform postmaster_at_pinkroccade.co.uk immediately and delete it and all copies from your system.

Author: Morrin, Liam
  INET: Liam.Morrin_at_pinkroccade.co.uk

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 29 2003 - 11:06:56 CDT