Re: Re: Linux OR Solaris- Certification

From: Lyndon Tiu <ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 07:46:37 -0800

Depends on which planet you come from. A lot of Oracle databases run on Windows NT/2000. And in a mixed shop, you'll probably won't be allowed to touch Oracle on UNIX before you have touched Oracle on Windows for a few years - for experience purposes - pointy haired boses don't like inexperienced people touching multi-million dollar Oracle on Unix boxes. You'd probably get started minding small Oracle on NT/2000 first.

My experience.

--
Lyndon Tiu

Quoting rgaffuri_at_cox.net:

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Lyndon Tiu INET: ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).