Re: controlfile recovery

From: AK <oramagic_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:21:39 -0800

It's 8.1.7
Actually I wa able to recover control file and then using until scn was able to recover and open the db ( after wrote last mail ). But I was not sure what I did to rcover .
So I decided to start process again .

  1. I did a resetlogs last time and then took backup .
  2. Created some objects in tablespace ( just to verify I get them back ).
  3. lost control files .
  4. tried to recover control file from backup piece . ( success )
  5. try to restore and recover database ( failed !!!! ) this time I got error
RMAN-03002: failure during compilation of command
RMAN-03013: command type: IRESTORE
RMAN-06026: some targets not found - aborting restore
RMAN-06023: no backup or copy of datafile 8 found to restore
RMAN-06023: no backup or copy of datafile 7 found to restore
RMAN-06023: no backup or copy of datafile 6 found to restore
RMAN-06023: no backup or copy of datafile 5 found to restore
RMAN-06023: no backup or copy of datafile 4 found to restore
RMAN-06023: no backup or copy of datafile 3 found to restore
RMAN-06023: no backup or copy of datafile 2 found to restore
RMAN-06023: no backup or copy of datafile 1 found to restore

I thought may be control file doesn't have latest info about this backup ( after restelogs )
tried using SNCFSID.ora file .
same thing . Not able to recover so far .

-ak

Author: AK
  INET: oramagic_at_hotmail.com