RE: Opinions request - Oracle on WIN2K vs Unix

From: david davis <ddoralist_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:11:57 -0800

Rich,

Hmmm. Cheap. Too bad, we aren't a big Sun shop (not on the buy list these days - can you say "Its Better Manual"). :-)

I wonder if I could get one of these for home. Nah. $2,000 U.S. is like $50,000 Cdn.

Its difficult to keep options open in a "closed restrictive environment", where everyone is in their own little silo. The problem with large IT shops. Very structured and very bureaucratic.

David

Author: david davis
  INET: ddoralist_at_hotmail.com