OPS$ oracle accounts

From: QuijadaReina, Julio C <QuijadJC_at_alfredstate.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:16:50 -0800

Hi all,

I am trying to set up OPS$ accounts on Oracle 9i to be externally authenticated by the OS. There is an oracle account on my SunOS 5.9 that is in the dba and oper UNIX groups. The OPS$oracle account is "identified externally"; however I still can't login using "sqlplus /" The message error I get says "insufficient privileges".

Anyone has even come across this problem? I would appreciate all the help I can get!
Julio

Author: QuijadaReina, Julio C
  INET: QuijadJC_at_alfredstate.edu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 23 2003 - 14:16:50 CDT