Prefacing package name with schema owner fails

From: <Rick_Cale_at_teamhealth.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:16:53 -0800

Hi All,

Oracle 8.1.6 Win NT

If I run the following under ATB schema owner I get error

set serveroutput on
DECLARE
TYPE CURSOR_TYPE_0 IS REF CURSOR;
cur CURSOR_TYPE_0;
rec_cur ATB.REPORTS_PKG.TEST_REPORT_TYPE; BEGIN

  atb.reports_pkg.sp_test_call(cur);

EXCEPTION
WHEN OTHERS THEN
  dbms_output.put_line(SubStr('Error '||TO_CHAR(SQLCODE)||': '||SQLERRM, 1, 255));
RAISE;
END;

ORA-06550: line 4, column 13:
PLS-00302: component 'REPORTS_PKG' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 4, column 9:

PL/SQL: Item ignored
ORA-06550: line 11, column 7:
PLS-00302: component 'REPORTS_PKG' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 11, column 3:

If I run from other account it works fine. Also if I run from ATB and remove ATB. from package call it works.

Why can't the schema owner run a package when it preface by schema owner.

Thanks
Rick

  INET: Rick_Cale_at_teamhealth.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 23 2003 - 13:16:53 CDT