Re: job monitoring

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:03:35 -0800

It isn't SQL, it's Perl. And the files are kind of useless unless you install
the toolkit from the book. The code for the book can be found at www.oreilly.com/catalog/oracleperl, though installing it might be daunting unless you are already fairly Perl literate, or have the book.

That said, here are the files:

http://www.cybcon.com/~jkstill/pdba/dba_jobs.conf http://www.cybcon.com/~jkstill/pdba/dba_jobsm.pl

Jared

"Greg Faktor" <FAKTORG_at_wyeth.com>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 04/22/2003 12:06 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: job monitoring

Jared,

Could you please post the sctipt dba_jobsm.sql?

Thanks a lot.

greg.

>>> Jared.Still_at_radisys.com 04/22/03 01:47PM >>> "Perl for Oracle DBA's" has a script dba_jobsm.sql that will check dba_jobs
on several databases and email the results. I have modified it for my use
to send alerts to a pager ( email address ) if a job is broken.

This version has not yet made it into the distribution at O'Reilly. I can
post
it somewhere if interested.

Incidentally, there is a presentation "The Frugal DBA: The Cheapskate's

Guide to Oracle"
by David Scott, on Tuesday, April 29th at 4:15 PM. He will be giving

away some copies
of "Perl for Oracle DBA's" and "Oracle and Open Source", if you're interested.

Jared

"Greg Faktor" <FAKTORG_at_wyeth.com>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 04/22/2003 06:51 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

        cc:
        Subject:        job monitoring

Hi ALL!

I'm looking for script to monitor dba_jobs view and send email if its found problem with job.
Sun OS
8174

Thanks.
greg

Author: Greg Faktor
  INET: FAKTORG_at_wyeth.com

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

Author: Greg Faktor
  INET: FAKTORG_at_wyeth.com

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 22 2003 - 17:03:35 CDT