Re: RE: tuple relational calculus

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:38:29 -0800

Im working on a Masters in Software Engineering and I want to take a Datewarehouse/Data Mining class in the fall and they are big on theory. I want to skip the Intro to databases since I know 75% of what they teach. I dont know the relational theory stuff at all. I got the book.

how hard is this stuff to pick up on your own? I had discrete math last year so I know basic(very basic) set theory. I know its not that useful, unless I get interviewed by some other geek with a masters then I can make myself sound smarter than I really am.

Just picture going into an interview and they ask me to make a SQL statement and I do something like on that web page. Would you hire me? :)

http://www.cs.sfu.ca/CC/354/zaiane/material/notes/Chapter3/node12.html#SECTI ON00131000000000000000

Author: Ryan
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net