RE: incomplete RMAN recovery

From: Spears, Brian <BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:37:06 -0800

Hint: Check on the transactions time in your tablespace...

 I guess it would ignore the set until time '21-apr-2003 08:03:00';

and do a full recovery.

You have to do the whole database to a Point in Time recovery...

Hence, what you want can be done...but is that what you want done?

Is recovering the Database to PIT ok? if so problem solved. If not...you are going

to have to recover the entire data to a new location with Point-in-time
(PIT) and then do the

export tablespace routine...and import it into the original tablespace...

Rather cumbersome if you are not set up to do this already.

Hope that Helps AK,
Brian Spears

Author: Spears, Brian
  INET: BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com