RE: incomplete RMAN recovery

From: Spears, Brian <BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:27:03 -0800

You R doing a NO NO.

Incomplete Tablespace recovery... REALLY... now .. Ask youself ... If I recovery a tablespace to a point in time where does that leave the rest of my database...

You are breakin the fundamental rules.. Point in time Recovery for a tablespace is more complicated because
you have to recover the entire backup to a point in time... and then use the plug in a tablespace method to
get that into your orginal database...

Hope that rings some bells.

Brian Spears

Author: Spears, Brian
  INET: BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Apr 21 2003 - 13:27:03 CDT