RE: How to lock a column not the enire row ?

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:51:56 -0800

Salaheldin

     Here is the text in the Oracle manual: FOR UPDATE [OF [[schema .] { table | view } .] column

 [, [[schema .] { table | view } .] column]...

]

[ NOWAIT | WAIT integer ]
I found this by going to technet.oracle.com and searching. I hadn't realized that you could just lock a column.
I don't know if it really works or not, but this is what the documentation specifies.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Apr 21 2003 - 12:51:56 CDT