Re: deadlock graph -- obj identification

From: <sat0789_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 13:41:39 -0800

Hello Jared,
  Thanks for the info..i did take a look at the metalink article that you   have put forth.
and we have also identified the sql stmt that is present in the trace file.
First we are preplxed as to why a deadlock is happenning as the two update stmt are referring two different rows. I am also trying to figure out the object as specified in the trace file. The metalink article does not
specify how to convert the hex value to a decimal to get the object id. In Ask tom's site he says to do to_number and get the object id and then select from dba_objects to
get the object name..when i do that dba_objects does not return any values...that is what i am confused about... Am i doing the right thing in trying to figure out the object id value ???

Sathish

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:51:41 -0800, Jared.Still_at_radisys.com said:
> Please see MetaLink notes 131885.1 and 62365.1 .
>
> FYI, the SQL that caused the deadlock is included in the trace file.
>
> Jared
>

> sat0789_at_fastmail.fm
> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
> 04/18/2003 05:21 PM
> Please respond to ORACLE-L
>

> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
> <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
> cc:
> Subject: deadlock graph -- obj identification
>

> Hello all,
> We are having a deadlock situation and i am trying to locate the object
> id
> the query that i run is
> select to_number('00020032','xxxxxx') from dual
> and the value that i get, i look into dba_objects where object_id is the
> one returned from the first query.
>
> When i do that i get no rows returned from dba_objects.
> Am i doing something wrong...???
>
> Deadlock graph:
> ---------Blocker(s)--------
> ---------Waiter(s)---------
> Resource Name process session holds waits process session holds
> waits
> TX-00020032-0000024d 8 12 X 29 22
> TX-00130039-00001996 29 22 X 8 12
> session 12: DID 0001-0008-00000002 session 22: DID
> 0001-001D-00000002
> session 22: DID 0001-001D-00000002 session 12: DID
> 0001-0008-00000002
>

> Thanks,
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - The professional email service