Re: How to verify backup DUMP files is not corrupted

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 15:51:44 -0800

Do a checksum of the export file before backing it up, and put the number in file that is backed up with the export file. Record the number somewhere
else as well.

Then checksum the file after restoration.

If you can roll your own, use Perl and the MD5 module instead, as checksums
are not as secure as a hash.

Jared

"Nguyen, David M" <david.m.nguyen_at_xo.com> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 04/18/2003 01:51 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        How to verify backup DUMP files is not corrupted

I backup our database every night using oracle exp utility and keep the backup for ten days. I want to make sure my backup files are not corrupted when I need to import it into database for recovery. Is there a way to check?

Thanks in advance,
David

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Apr 18 2003 - 18:51:44 CDT