Use of stored outlines with packages

From: Rodrigues, Bryan <BRodrigues_at_elcom.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 12:26:48 -0800

Hello everyone,

I have a stored package that runs great in the test environment and I want to put the stored package into production. I have initially tried it in production and found the performance to be 40 times worse than in test. I have looked at the data in both test and production and found them comparable. Both areas production and test have been analyzed since the package was used, but nothing of significant difference was found.

The only thing found different was an execution plan varied from test to production (test used an index on the table and production did not).

A decision was made to check out using stored outlines to allow us to use the execution plan from test in production, but I have not found any instructions on setting up stored outlines for packages. Has anyone setup stored outlines for packages?

I am working on HP-UX 11.0 with Oracle 8.1.7.4.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan Rodrigues
DBA
Elcom, Inc.

Author: Rodrigues, Bryan
  INET: BRodrigues_at_elcom.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Apr 18 2003 - 15:26:48 CDT