RE: single e-mail per day

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:31:41 -0800

I think that's what happens if you set the list to DIGEST mode.

Didn't you keep the e-mail that was sent to you when you joined the list? Here it is in all its glory.

Table Of Contents

  1. Charter for this mailing list
  2. Characteristics of this mailing list
  3. How to submit a posting to the list
  4. How to unsubscribe from the list
  5. Commonly used mailing list server commands
  6. Contact information
  7. Charter for this mailing list

The purpose of this mailing list is to offer a forum for discussions about Oracle products, tools and technologies.

2) Characteristics of this mailing list

   Public or private?                      Public
   Moderated?                              No
   Archived?                               Yes
   Available in DIGEST format?             Yes
   Subscriber list public or private?      Private to subscribers only
   Can you make your address private?      Yes
   Cross-posting to other lists allowed? No

3) How to submit a posting to the list

All submissions for this mailing list should be made by sending your E-mail message to the following address:

    ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

replies to the list itself, depending on the choice of the person responding.

4) How to unsubscribe from the list

If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, you should send an E-mail

message to the mailing list server, with the following command in the message
BODY (a Subject line is not required or needed):

    UNSUB ORACLE-L   Your E-mail message should be addressed to:

    ListGuru_at_fatcity.com <-- Note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru'

NOTE: If you only want to *TEMPORARILY* stop receiving postings from this mailing list, you may want to use the SET NOMAIL command as mentioned below.

5) Commonly used mailing list server commands

accepts most commands from all major mailing list servers, including Listserv,
ListProc, Majordomo, MailBase and SmartList (among others). All messages to

the mailing list server MUST be addressed to only one address, however:

    ListGuru_at_fatcity.com <-- Note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru'

Mailing list commands must be included in the message body, not the Subject line. Commands on the Subject line are ignored. Multiple commands can be included in a single message. You may send as many messages as you wish.

A short description of the most commonly used commands follows. For a complete list of all commands available, use the HELP command to obtain more

detailed information. In all commands below, <list> refers to a name of a valid mailing list name (for example, ORACLE-L ).

    Command Format What it does

    HELP                  Sends complete ListGuru command information
    LISTS                 Sends a list of all available lists at this site
    UNSUB <list>          Unsubscribes the subscriber from the list
    SET <list> NOMAIL     Temporarily turns off messages to the subscriber
    SET <list> MAIL       Resumes mail flow to the subscriber
    CONFIRM <list>        Confirms a subscription to a particular list
    WHICH                 Shows ALL lists that a user is subscribed to
    SET <list> DIGEST     Turns on DIGEST mode for a list (if available)
    SET <list> NODIGEST Returns to normal (single message) mode for a list
    INDEX <list>          Lists all available archive files for a list
    END                   Discontinues further command processing (useful if

                          you have long signature sections).

There are more than 50 commands which can be used with ListGuru. The HELP command details all commands and their function. In addition, it specifies which commands from other mailing list server software may be used.

Note that the two most common mistakes when using mailing list servers are misspellings of addresses or list names, and posting mailing list server commands to the list itself (a major no-no). When in doubt, ask for HELP.

6) Contact information

To reach the administrator of this mailing list, for reasons such as problems
with the mailing list or your subscription, send an E-mail message to:

    ORACLE-OWNER_at_fatcity.com

For manual requests that you were not able to accomplish by using the mailing list server, you may send an E-mail message to:

    ORACLE-REQUEST_at_fatcity.com

For other problems or questions unrelated to a specific mailing list, (such as bounced messages and the like) send an E-mail message to:

    Postmaster_at_fatcity.com

This mailing list is administered by:

    Bruce A. Bergman (bruceb_at_fatcity.com)     Fat City Network Services
    7157 Park Village Road
    San Diego, California 92129-4536

[END]

Author: Jacques Kilchoer