RE: Normalisaition (was Re: Large databases)

From: Orr, Steve <sorr_at_rightnow.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 06:47:06 -0800

> It's mathematical 100%.

Hmmm... while set theory and its implementation are indeed mathematical, database design and application development should be a fine art unless you're not in your right mind, er uh, right brain.

Math -> left brain, Art -> right brain, database design -> whole brain.

It's said that males are predominately left brained and are therefore not in their right mind but I resemble that remark. ;-)

Finally, how can you profess knowledge about normaliZation if you don't even know how to spell it? :-)

Steve Orr, not so normalized DBA... looking for lost tuples.

Author: Orr, Steve
  INET: sorr_at_rightnow.com